o, I was curious today about where the search rankings were today for our good old friend, Green Bean Casserole. I hadn’t checked in on this in years after being blown away with the search results years ago for something that is so simple and printed on the back of just about every ingredient package for said Thanksgiving side dish.
Subsequently, I went to our trusty search engine of Google to see what today’s Top 10 search terms were. And without further adieu, I give you the Google Top Ten as of November 24, 2016:
- Thanksgiving 2016 – total generic give up search that is going to return a TON of junk. What are people looking to accomplish with this?
- Happy Thanksgiving – What? Are you kidding me? Are you telling Google, “Happy Thanksgiving my favorite algorithm run search machine?”
- Betsy DeVos – President Elect Trump pick for Education Secretary. BORING
- Nikki Haley – President Elect Trump pick for U.N. Ambassador, again, BORING
- Walmart Black Friday Ad 2016 – Good thing they are specific on the YEAR
- Sweet Potato Casserole – Uh huh, now we’re talking
- Pecan Pie Recipe – I’m listening, err, reading
- wait for it….Green Bean Casserole – TA-DAH!!!! It never fails! UNREAL!!!!! Yes, we may colonize Mars but the recipe for Green Bean Casserole will continue to be a mystery to so many!
- Pumpkin Pie – Who are these people?
- Cranberry Sauce – I am almost, ALMOST, typeless. Because, I’m pretty sure that cranberry sauce in a can isn’t sold in the U.S. without directions for use as a sauce printed on it. It may be a law in fact.
Well, there you have it, once again the 8’s have it with Green Bean Casserole holding strong!