an across this story the other day, and well, I’m not sure what to think about it. Apparently, Sylvia and Jerry Lynn of the Pittsburgh, PA area were doing some “home repairs” one night in 2004. At some point in this process, Jerry thought it would be a good idea to use an alarm clock placed down the inside of a wall so he could “determine” where to place a TV on the other side?!?!
Home contractors, they were not. Anyway, somehow Jerry accidentally dropped the primed and ready to go-off alarm clock down an HVAC duct in the wall.
There it sat for the next 13 years, going off every night at 7:50pm.
Their story was picked up this month and a local HVAC contractor team came over and freed the trapped travel alarm clock. A single AA Rayovac battery had more than done its job for 13 years!
As the story goes on to say, Jerry and Sylvia decided to leave the clock set as is and placed it on their mantle to continue the 7:50pm madness in perpetuity.
But of course.