he decade of the 2010’s has brought a great deal of change and I’m not referring to more state quarters. While I mention the decade, what do we call this decade? The “Tens?” The “Teens?” I don’t know anyone from the 1910’s to ask what they did then so I’m not sure what the protocol was. But anyway, I digress.
This nameless decade has been a doozy for changing things up a bit. It’s been a real humdinger, a real bally hoo as one may have said back in the previous “xx10’s” decade.
Here’s a list that I’ve been jotting down the past few years, to denote some of this “change”.
- Mt. McKinley, once so named to honor the assassinated 25th President of the U.S. William McKinley Jr. is now called Denali as the area was previously known by indigenous people in Alaska.
- SeaWorld no longer has Killer Whales, err Orcas.
- Bruce Jenner, 1976 US Olympic Gold Medalist in the Decathlon, is now Caitlyn Jenner.
- Columbus Day is being renamed to Indigenous People’s Day.
- Q-Tips have no safe use involving ears.
- Hooded pullover sweatshirts once called “Hoodies” have been all but banned.
- Clowns have become murderers and legitimately frightening Halloween costumes.
- Ski Masks are only allowed during bank robberies.
- Mini plastic baggies have been banned.
- Crayola, for the first time in its 100-year history, retired a color from its 24-count box. They retired dandelion. Erasing it from the color bank. Sending it into the crayon black hole.
- Monopoly’s Thimble & Iron are GONE!
- Ketchup & Mustard makers are making each other’s products.
- After 146 years Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus ends .
- Cable companies want to be phone companies and phone companies what to be cable companies.
- Some women want to be men and some men want to be women.
- The USPS has begun to deliver on Sundays when needed due to the influx of Amazon packages and deliveries that need to be made.
- You have to present ID showing you are over 21 to purchase O’Doul’s.
- You have to show ID to purchase spray paint
- The phrases clockwise and counterclockwise will one day very soon lose all meaning to current and future young persons.
…to be continued